How much do you know about Dayton Public Schools?
The DPS Class of 2013 earned more than $11 million in scholarships to attend colleges and universities across the United States.
Tech Prep Showcase
Dayton Public Schools serves approximately 14,000 students in preschool through high school this year. Our schools offer new and enhanced academic themes that focus teaching and learning around the Common Core State Standards, which will be fully implemented in 2014-15.
Our decisions, academic and operational, continue to rest on our four academic non-negotiables: (1) kindergarten readiness, (2) third-graders reading on grade level, (3) closing the achievement gap, and (4) high school graduates ready for college and careers.
DPS families have excellent opportunities for involvement in their children’s schools through our Community Education Council network and our DPS Parent University—a series of classes designed around what you told us you wanted to know. We look forward to a successful year made possible with the support and involvement of our families and community partners.
- Thurgood Marshall junior lands prestigious Ivy League program
- Thurgood Marshall is area's newest STEM school
- The DPS Scoop: School news you can use (4/15)
- 2014-15 calendar approved by board
- DPS Spring Sports Schedule (wk of April 20-26)
- OAA Spring Testing
April 21, 2014
- Stivers honored by U.S. News & World Report for fourth year
- DBOE Finance Committee Meeting
April 24, 2014 05:15PM
- Superintendent's Scholars Recognition
May 01, 2014 07:00PM
- Space Day
May 03, 2014 10:00AM
- Dunbar ECHS Senior Awards
May 08, 2014 10:00AM
- DPS Employee Appreciation Reception
May 12, 2014 04:30PM