How much do you know about Dayton Public Schools?
The DPS Class of 2014 earned some $12 million in scholarships to attend colleges and universities across the United States.
First Day of School
Dayton Public Schools serves approximately 14,000 students in preschool through high school this year. Our schools offer new and enhanced academic themes that focus teaching and learning around the Common Core State Standards, which will be fully implemented in 2014-15.
Our decisions, academic and operational, continue to rest on our four academic non-negotiables: (1) kindergarten readiness, (2) third-graders reading on grade level, (3) closing the achievement gap, and (4) high school graduates ready for college and careers.
DPS families have excellent opportunities for involvement in their children’s schools through our Community Education Council network and our DPS Parent University—a series of classes designed around what you told us you wanted to know. We look forward to a successful year made possible with the support and involvement of our families and community partners.
- K-3 Reading Guarantee Assessments
August 25, 2014
- The DPS Scoop: School news you can use (9/10)
- Thurgood robotics team competes, Family Day at Apple Fest is free
- DPS Sports Schedules (wk. of Sept. 21-27)
- DBOE Finance Committee Meeting
September 23, 2014 05:15PM
- Family & Community Advisory Panel
September 24, 2014 09:00AM
- DPS Health Benefits Meeting (Charity Adams, Cleveland, Kemp, Kiser)
September 24, 2014 04:00PM
- All Principals Mtg.
September 24, 2014 04:30PM
- DBOE/City of Dayton meeting
September 24, 2014 06:30PM
- DPS Sports Schedules (wk. of Sept. 28-Oct. 4)
- DPS Sports Schedules (wk. of Oct. 5-11)
- DPS Sports Schedules (wk. of Oct. 12-18)